What Yoga Taught me About Flipping Houses!
1. Taking time to get clear is just as important as taking action. Make sure to incorporate some balance into your life and the investment will pay back tenfold.
2. Practice makes perfect. The most successful business people and yogis invest the necessary time every day practicing their craft.
3. It's the journey, not necessarily the end result. Life is over in a flash. Surrender and enjoy every part of the process, knowing that you're doing everything you can to grow and learn every day.
4. Persistence over a long period of time equals success. Expecting to succeed overnight puts unnecessary pressure on yourself. Realize that the process of growth occurs over many years with persistent effort, day in and day out both on and off the mat.
5. Change is the only consistent factor in life, business, and yoga. Our bodies and the Asanas we practice change every day as well as the variables in business. The sooner we learn how to ebb and flow with this natural part of life, the easier our yoga practice and business flows.
6. A good teacher is everything. Wisdom is rare. Find an amazing teacher and invest the necessary time and energy to learn everything you can from them.
A self directed IRA is an incredibly powerful tool that savvy real estate investors use to defer their taxes and earn incredible returns at the same time.
If you ask most investment advisors about this incredible vehicle they will pretend it can't be done. This is simply because they can't make a commission and it's not a product their firm sells. Regardless millions and millions of people have setup and utilize a self directed IRA to invest in Real Estate and you should too.
With a self directed IRA all the rules of a traditional IRA apply. You MUST utilize a custodial company to handle the funds and disperse/receive. You cannot start withdrawing money until you are 65, etc. However you can lend money out to real estate investors through your IRA at a very high return (10-15%)!
Equity Trust Company is the most well known company for setting up and utilizing Self Directed IRA's. They are very well known and have an incredible reputation.
My twin brother Matt and I have been buying investment property in Cincinnati for 15 years and own 170 apartment units in Clifton & Hyde Park. We utilize partners to help fund our projects and have paid them 10-15% return on their loan. (All of my past lenders are happy to provide glowing recommendations.)
Investing in real estate is a very difficult business with a lot of moving parts. I operate a team of 7 doing all of our own maintenance and management in house. We consistently operate at 98% occupancy and are growing.
If you have any questions about investment property in Cincinnati or using a self directed IRA to invest in real estate feel free to email me anytime. Happy Investing! Mitch Painter firstname.lastname@example.org
I've had the chance to work with lots of new real estate investors over the years in teaching at Cincinnati REIA. Here are some tips when considering investing in real estate:
1. Buy in desirable areas. The house/apartment will rent/sell much much easier and the quality of tenants you get will be light years ahead of those you would get in lower end areas.
2. Don't reinvent the wheel. Make sure to find someone that has already been successful in the business and replicate their system as much as possible. There are a lot of moving parts in the real estate investment business. Going in blind without a plan is a death trap.
3. Buy right. Finding Investment property for sale in Cincinnati that actually makes sense is very very hard. If you buy at the right price you can always sell if need be. You'll also have instant equity and cash flow.
4. Think long and hard to make sure you're ready. Being an active real estate investor is a very difficult business. My partners choose to make 10% interest on their money without doing any of the work for a reason. Consider becoming a private investor with me or another experienced real estate investor and take advantage of real estate without any of the work.
5. Screen your tenants! You'd be surprised how many landlords don't screen thoroughly and end up with a nightmare on their hands! Always screen thoroughly and check all references!
Mitch Painter owns 170 apartment units in Clifton and Hyde Park. He has been in business for over 15 years with his twin brother Matt. He is actively buying new projects and looking for investors. He can be reached directly at 513-886-1001 or email@example.com.
If you are tired of your retirement balance gradually going down, self-directed IRAs are a good source of investments to look to. Self-directed IRA services can help you diversify your investments. The self-directed IRA does not differ much from other IRAs, but the self-directed IRA has several advantages worth considering. Choosing a self-directed IRA means you are given a way to direct the investments of the IRA. A faithful and an efficient IRA provider like Horizons IRA will allow you to make the decisions with respect to the investments without any kind of restrictions. Horizons IRA is basically one of the prominent trust companies providing efficient and trustworthy IRA services. Horizons IRA are IRA custodians that aid investors with their self-directed IRAs.
One venture an investor could choose to pursue is IRA real estate investing. If you believe that investing in real estate with IRA is something something you may be interested in, but you are not quite sure as to its benefits, here are several of the reasons one might choose to use a self directed IRA to invest in real estate:
1. After working for years and adding to your retirement account, you will have your savings locked into that retirement account. You can take the advantage of this opportunity and proceed for a large investment considering investing in real estate with IRA is unique and allows you to use your investments in a non-typical way and could be largely financially beneficial.
2. Your self-directed IRA opens up your investment opportunities to multiple avenues, and is also an ideal source to find stocks that allow the similar kind of experience of owning a property gives you. If you look to invest in companies via, it is possible that they provide you stability but at the cost of their profits. So this also makes a great reason to use a self directed IRA to invest in real estate. Real estate investments can include not just homes but condos, commercial properties and more. IRA real estate investing provides variety that the stock market does not.
3. When comparing self-directed IRA real estate investing versus the IRAs used to invest in the stock market, you will notice a the profit potential in a private investment is higher than in that of the stock of public companies. You can use your IRA to make an early investment in the flourishing business and experience a greater profitable success because you are not just another shareholder, but a primary investor with IRA real estate investing.
4. Another reason to use the IRA for the real estate investment is that here you will have the freedom to do whatever you like with your money. There are many companies that first assure you of the freedom to make decisions and self direct your IRA but later on turn their words. You have to ensure that you be away from such companies and look for providers that assure you complete freedom on decision making with respect to the investments using your IRA.
Consider what you want out of your investments and whether using a Self-Directed IRA to invest in real estate is for you.